Holiday season invaded us not only in real life, but also in LoTRO and especially in the fashion-positive community. Three biggest LoTRO outfitting blogs united to organize a Yule Outfit Contest for you, and the prizes will surely make any (wo)man, elf, hobbit or even dwarf happy! :)
Cosmetic Lotro, Lotro Stylist and Lotro Fashion are hosting the outfitting contest with theme: Yule or Winter. These are the prizes:
- 1st prize: 1550 TP code (sponsored by the outfit blogs)
- 2nd prize: 1000 TP code (sponsored by Turbine)
- 3rd prize: 500 TP code (sponsored by Turbine)
- The contest begins on Wednesday December 14th, 2011. Entries may be submitted until midnight Eastern Standard Time on Sunday January 8th, 2012.
- To enter the contest, send your entry to outfitblogs (AT) gmail.com with the subject line “Yule Outfit Contest”
- You have to send three screenshots: a front view, a back view and a third one of your own preference (close-up, side view, mounted etc.)
- All screenshots must be unedited, although cropping is allowed. Screenshots must be at least 1024x768 in resolution and be sent as email attachments in .jpg format
- All entries must include the following information: the name, class and level of the character in the screenshots, the server the character resides on, all armour and outfit pieces used in the screenshots and their respective dye colours
- All entries must be original and created and/or owned exclusively by the player submitting the screenshot
We (Hymne, Devonna and me) will judge the entries based on following criteria:
- Representative of the Yule or Winter theme and spirit
- Originality of the overall design
- Integration of the various pieces used
- Blending of dye colours
- Overall impression
All decisions will be made by The Outfit Blogs (Cosmetic Lotro, Lotro Stylist and Lotro Fashion) in its sole discretion and are final. Winning entries may be featured on all three Outfit Blogs.
To increase your chances for winning, here are some tips and tricks:
- Before making your screenshots, make sure that your graphics are tweaked to the max. In graphics settings put anti-aliasing on 8x. In advanced graphics settings make sure that texture detail is set to the highest settings possible. Use F12 to remove your UI-buttons and Printscreen to take your screenshots. You can find your Screenshots in your “my documents/lord of the rings online” folder.
- Just like photographs in real life, screenshots of clothing and outfits benefit from light. Try to take your screenshot in a well-lit area, preferably outside during daytime with the sun in your face and your shadow at your back.
We are looking forward to see your Yule outfits very much! :)