Monday, February 27, 2012

Hard work pays off

Rate:

Khamrad has spent whole his life digging in dirt, searching for treasures, or even small chunks of shiny metal resembling gold. Most of the time he ended up with simple copper or iron, counting coins from day to day to afford some food and shelter. Often he had to sleep just under the night sky, dreaming of being wealthy one day.


When he's heard about the Low Lands Gold Rush, all the friends, family and fellow wanderers tried to talk him out going there. Hundreds of dwarves, hobbits, elves and men alike digging inch by inch of soil which was said to be full of gold chunks of palm size, usually to find only pieces not bigger than a poppy grain. However, Aulë smiled upon Khamrad and right the first digging site he visited contained the biggest treasure ever found in Low Lands! He was able to afford a good goat to carry all his wealth, gems for all lady dwarves of his family and a new fancy garb to be welcomed as worthy dwarf at home in Thorin's Hall. "My whole life's hard work has finally payed off!" he rejoiced. Let's hope he uses the gold wisely.


I was able to enjoy the Treasure Hunt for almost whole day on Sunday on three of my characters. I adore this event - mounts, cosmetics, emotes: what else can a cosmetic junkie wish for? :) I got everything I wanted except for Treasure Laden Pony for my main, hobbit Freyjuska and a Treasure Hunter's Rucksack (damn!). I am especially happy about the "Rich" emote and the Treasure Laden Goat, which I wanted to show off :)


The goat has orange and brown coat and I wanted the outfit to match it (at least a little) and show off the wealth of its wearer. I decided to give the unpopular orange dye a shot, although it usually makes outfits look a bit out of place. I wanted the top part match the goat's coat and golden horns, and the lower part of the outfit to match the treasure bags attached to the goat and its saddle. Any top without the grey undyable parts would work better, but I haven't found such chest piece with golden pattern which would look good on a dwarf. The shoulders are also rarely used, but here I went for them for a funny reason - they clip so horribly on a dwarf that they kinda turned Herald's Armour into heavier one naturally, as if the shoulders were part of it.

Please let me know your opinion in comments :) I'm also starting to list the emotes used, as they are a vital part of the screenshots and you guys often ask about them. I hope it's a welcomed change :)

Chest: Herald's Armour, orange dye (T6 crafted; shares appearance with other T6 medium crafted armour)
Legs: Leggings of the Brazen Call, orange dye (Moria level 60 captain teal set; also available as champion and guardian set parts with very small differences in looks)
Head: Hat of the Stone-student, orange dye (Moria level 60 lore-master purple set; shares appearance with minstrel's and rune-keeper's Moria pieces)
Shoulders: Forged-iron Dunlending Pauldrons, orange dye (Dunland quest)
Hands: Tawarwaith Gloves, orange dye (T6 crafted)
Feet: Rusted Boots of the Dunland Berserkers, default/white dye (Dunland quest)
Back: Treasure Hunter’s Pack, white dye (Treasure Hunt event)

Mount: Treasure Laden Goat (Treasure Hunt event, rare drop from Huge treasure)

Emotes:
./rich - first screenshot, drop from Huge treasure cache, also barterable for 300 buried treasure tokens (Treasure Hunt event)
./counterfeit - last screenshot, drop from treasure caches, not barterable (Treasure Hunt event)

12 comments:

  1. Great outfit, that chest looks so good on a Dwarf!

    I played a few rounds of the treasure hunt this weekend and got some of the cosmetics I wanted, but unfortunately "dowsing" was the only emote I found. I really love the goldpanning and counterfeit ones -- maybe next time! I realized I can only take the treasure hunt in small doses, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, how heart-warming to see a dwarf's digging so richly rewarded. Mmmm... gold! I had fun digging for treasure too, but I didn't have long to spend on it and so far I've only gained a treasure chest for my house. Spurred on by this display of success, I will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, well done! I'm so jealous of you being able to do wish based design. I have the rich emote on almost all my characters now, and still can't figure out an outfit to go with it!! grrrr... Your dwarf looks filthy rich though! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the compliments guys - khamrad is even prouder now (he'll be one filthy self-important dwarf soon :D). or, self-important dwarf lady, as khamrad is originally a "she", but i use her for modelling both male and female outfits :)

    hymne - everybody has different way how inspiration goes - you're usually able to come up with far more original outfits and i'm left speechless :) i usually can do an outfit for specific purpose/per requirements, but unless someone (usually the "wisher") directs me the right way, it's not breathtakingly unique. i think that also makes all our blogs a bit different - everyone has different style and we have something to look forward to on every blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thank you for the compliments but the difference in work-method gave me an idea! Can you please make me an outfit? I know it may sound as completely silly, but could you make a "rich!" outfit for my male hobbit. It has to include the Plumed Hat and it has to be Forest Green. From there, I'm totally stuck. Maybe you can help me along? I'm serious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. rofl, and i mean literally now - the next outfit in the treasure hunt series was to be a bright green male hobbit outfit called "richie rich", but i planned to use the top hat - anyway, i don't think it will make huge difference :D i already gave my male hobbit a Rich emote. i hope to have some time to make it this week, i'll e-mail you the design(s) then :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first picture is really "gold". Great work (and what a luchy person you are, I found two huge sites and I only got tokens :( )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awsome! I'm looking forward to dressing up my hobbit with lots of coins to throw around! This sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely perfect! I love the bold choice of orange. It takes a real visionary to match the goat, the gold, and the outfit! But it all looks fitting. Your emote captures are fantastic! And congrats on getting almost all you wanted :-) I spend the last two days building up enough coins for "rich" and lucked out by getting the pony as well (got the goat last week). I'm planning a blog post with Freryn, my Thorin wannabe, so was determined to get everything. Don't think I would have stuck it out otherwise. It was a fun event (I really liked dressing like a cave claw and being a jerk about berry bushes) but it could get pretty irritating if you weren't winning.

    Anyway, very happy to see Khamrad made out so well. There are none more deserving of wealth than Durin's people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm honoured by such nice comments :*) i'm really glad this outfit turned out well! but i have to admit - i exaggerated in the story, it took khamrad far more than one dig to get the treasure. he digged about 10-15 huge ones and got a goat, a cave claw pony and the rich emote.

    but i'm saying this just off the record ;))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awee :) His happy Rich! face made my day! Time to go build this on my dwarf! (since I have everything EXCEPT THE FORSAKEN RUCKSACK THAT I SO DESPERATELY WANT BUT EVERYONE IN MY KIN KEEPS GETTING FREAKIN' STACKS OF THEM!!!!!)

    ~Saelriane, Tinuryane, Evlin, Tasmanian, Eristor, Emegas, Klein, Ellieth, and Emy. <3

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...