Saturday, February 25, 2012

Joy of wisdom (and jewels)

Rate:
Ladriell is a knowledge seeker. She is a scholar and a lore-master, always trying to broaden her horizons. She is still a girl though, and if she manages to buy some nice clothes and jewellery on her journeys to distant forgotten places, she is twice as happy. This is her scholarly outfit she uses when battle is far away, and she is alone in peace to study artifacts and ancient parchments.

This is the last of my submissions for the Fashion Week 2012 screenshot contest. I submitted it into Professionally Minded category, as a lore-master outfit. It's certainly not very original (I've seen many very similar outfits and even created some in the recent past), but it's something I see my lore-master Ladriell really wearing as it fits her personality. I also adore the cloak, which has amazing plastic textures in the correct light, and the dress shares this feature. The infamous red neckline of the shoulder piece matches the jewellery on the Anniversary dress, and I also tried to match Ladriell's hairstyle to the attire. I hope the result will please some of you as it did myself when I put it on Ladriell :)


Do you like this outfit? Please let me know in the comments! :) And I promise the next outfit made by me will be something heavier - too many dresses recently :D

Chest: Ceremonial Dress, default dye (Summer festival, white variant - watch out, there are 3 different undyable variations)
Head: Baladeer's Hat, white dye (Moria level 60 minstrel purple set; shares appearance with lore-master's and rune-keeper's Moria pieces)
Shoulders: Gwir-palvais, white dye (Drop from Isengard instance cluster)
Back: Anniversary Cloak, white dye (Anniversary event)

6 comments:

  1. She has such an innocence about her that is perfectly matched by this outfit. And that final screenshot is marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freyjuska, all of your outfits are pure beauty, but for this one I have no words... Fantastically stylish and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kemendin, there is a certain quality to the combination of facial features you've chosen on her that makes her look very innocent. Beautiful outfit too, the two small splashes of red are what really make it pop, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks very much guys :)) ladriell indeed is kinda innocent, but a bit mischievous girl - i'd describe her as once to be a great lore-master, currently questioning everything the elders tell her :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful and wonderfully composed scenes, in one of my favourite places in Middle Earth. Just in case you haven't got enough projects, I wonder if you'd like to write something about how you use in-game emotes to get poses for your screenshots? It's something I've never managed to do very well. (Oh dear, I'm full of ideas for things other people should do...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrokk, that's a wonderful idea! right when i have a free moment for the blog (~30 e-mails waiting for me in the inbox at the moment, but i'm hoping to get through them this week), i'll try to make a video guide on that (although fraps can't capture the "printscreen-hitting-madness" i perform to obtain good screenshots :D). thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...