Friday, February 17, 2012

The pony and the rider

Rate:

When passing through Celondim, Grulka noticed an usually beautiful pony stabled in the town. She asked the stable-master who is the wonderful animal's master. "She has no master," he replied. "At least no one still alive. Some time ago, a very powerful dwarf controlling the fury of runes rode from the Blue Mountains, visited his friends here in Celondim and then died. He knew it was coming, so he left the mare to me and told me to let her choose her own master. Since then, she refused to bear everybody who's tried riding her, knocked off even the noblest of dwarves and elves." "Perhaps she doesn't want noble elves and dwarves, maybe she just wants somebody with a bright mind and light heart, not to mention light stature," Grulka replied rudely and tried to mount the pony. Since then, they've become friends and ride everywhere together - sometimes a magical horse has enough magic on its own and all it needs is a master with tender soul and hand :)


When Hymne posted her guide on Outfitters' selection, I noticed the undyable parts of Elven Hauberk and Elven Tunic and Pants match the Steed of the Rune-keeper's weird greenish blue perfectly. I've been to the Celondim outfitter countless times, but never realized that before. So, here comes another Steed of the Rune-keeper matching outfit, previewed also on a dwarf and an elf for your convenience :) It was also my submission for the LOTRO Fashion Week's screenshot contest.


When I won the Steed of the Rune-keeper in a lottery for my baby burglar, first thing I've thought was "damn" :) I love the mount very much and was secretly hoping to win it for my elves or my dwarf, to be able to play with outfits matching this challenging steed. But later I realized that I'm terribly lucky anyway and who knows - maybe a hobbit riding the Steed of the Rune-keeper will at least catch more interest! So I made it a warden outfit :)


For the dwarf and elf preview, I switched the Warden's Pack for the Sage's Pack and added Westfold boots. Please excuse that the backpack and boots are navy dyed - I didn't want to waste Evendim blue on a preview. I think that even though the hauberk itself is elvish, the whole composition suites dwarves the best.


Do you like this outfit? Please let me know in the comments! :) And check the previous outfit matching the Steed of the Rune-keeper I made for Ketani.

Chest: Elven Hauberk, Evendim blue dye (Outfitter in Celondim)
Head: Pathfinder's Helm, Evendim blue dye (Moria level 60 hunter purple set; shares appearance with warden's and burglar's Moria pieces)
Shoulders: Vibrant Calenard War Pauldrons, navy dye (T7 crafted)
Hands: Worn Ranger's Gauntlets, Evendim blue dye (Quest: Volume III, Book 5, Chapter 1: Separate Ways)
Back: Warden's Pack, white dye (Outfitter vendor)

8 comments:

  1. Great outfit, Freyjuska, and a great story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Tirn en Taur uniform is evendim blue (simple Hauberk) and I got a steed of the Runekeeper for one of my toons to match the uniform :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great story! Good outfit too. And you're right, that hauberk is good on a dwarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won the Rune-keeper steed on my little burglar too, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with his outfit. I'm afraid he's more likely to have stolen it than befriended it, but now he might have to pop down to Celondim for a look at their wares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is proof that Hobbits should be Runekeepers! *grin*
    Nice outfit for a lovely pony. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable on a hobbit! Great match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hymne, exactly! if hobbits were allowed to play a RK, i'd be the first to roll one! and i don't care they'd call me a tiny sith :P :D

    Eli, don't be too harsh on your hobbit - you know, many times a kidnapper and victim make friends :D

    Kemendin, can't wait for your mount matching outfit which I've already seen ;))

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...